I find it very creepy seeing young girls looking like they are mini versions of 25 year old women. I thought the whole point of childhood was to have a chance to do innocent things, like playing outside with your girlfriends with holes in your tights, not having a care in the world. And now all girls think about is how to impress boy, everything revolves around looking sexy for the boys. Surely those kinds of thoughts shouldn’t even be going through a 14 year olds head? All I cared about at that age, was having birthday picnics and building huge sandcastles in a sand box, not how many boys will turn up to my party and how I can get them to kiss me... Media has such a huge impact on the way women feel about themselves, at least when we are older we can separate the negative from a positive and try to ignore what TV and Magazines are trying to pressure us in to. How do we explain to young girls that looking like a plastic doll will not get her very far in life? And why are females being targeted so harshly by media in this day?
0 comments:
Post a Comment