Discourse Blog

Posted on Sunday

Feature Film Main Titles: Danny Yount


Danny Yount is an internationally recognised designer for the feature film main titles, with impressive pieces of work and multiple awards to show for it. He is also a creative director, but I don’t find that part of his career as interesting.
After watching a three and a half minute video filled with film titles and very bass music, I felt quite over whelmed because each film title is different from each other. It seems like he almost over considers the story line for the film, because the titles have such a powerful representation what you are going to get out of the upcoming film.  
My favourites were the opening logos for Warner Bros Pictures, when you see such an effective logo at the beginning of the film you know the rest is only going to get better. I also really like the way the logos connect with the theme of the film, it’s actually an important element of the whole picture but not that many people pay attention to small details which is a shame. 

Opening Studio Logo

Opening Studio Logo

0 comments:

Post a Comment