Discourse Blog

Posted on Sunday

Mural Art: Stephen Powers

After watching Beautiful Losers film, which I would advise to watch because it gives you a great insight in to the artists lives and way of thinking about design. I felt inspired to blog about a guy called Stephen Powers who was a graffiti writer in the past and has now become an artist. He is mostly known for his spectacular typographic murals all over Philadelphia, 50 different walls were painted to tell a love story by Powers and other artists.

I have always been passionate about hand painted signs and murals, so his work stood out to me straight away. He has managed to keep the old fashion techniques of mural painting and at the same time given it a modern appearance by using bright colours and inspiring words. I know if I was to see one of them in the morning on a train journey it would definitely put a smile on my face no matter how bad of a mood I am in. 

"Your Everafter"
"Nice Dream About Us"

Photos taken from: http://www.aloveletterforyou.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment