Discourse Blog

Posted on Wednesday

Printmaking: Detctvo Design Tendem


I came across this great design duo while looking through a Russian Design group on Behance Network website, I’m starting to think that them being Russian has a lot to do with me liking their work due to my heritage...I’m going to ignore that thought and tell you what their name stands for instead, detctvo means childhood and here is a quite funny quote from the designers “As well as children don’t have problems in life we don’t have problems in graphic design”. I thought that was a really good explanation of why they have called themselves detctvo, and with that slogan they must power through a lot of problems!

The project I liked best was Perm 2011, mainly because they used silkscreen printing technique (which I enjoy using myself) and all of the pieces have a lovely vintage feel to them because they were printed on recycled card as well as using two colours. Using a children’s book font at the bottom for months and dates brings the whole calendar together, because it complements the child like illustrations. 

"Russian astronauts Leonov and Belyaev landed in Perm disctrict after the first successful EVA in 1965"
"Three side cannons on «Avrora» cruiser were buit at Perm factory"



Behance Network (2011) Available at: http://www.behance.net/detstvo (Accessed: 4 May 2011).

0 comments:

Post a Comment