Charles Bergquist is a director, designer and a photographer who lives in California. Seems like he is not a fan of exposing himself online or anywhere else, it’s all about his work. He seems to do a lot of design photography and music videos for non mainstream musicians. Even though I have never participated in any video graphics, a good video always seems to get my attention. I quite like the way all of his work has a connection with each other, there’s a dreamy feel and similar soft colour schemes throughout photos and videos.
My favourite piece of work is a music video for Viernes called “Liquid Tunnel”, it features an octopus making its way through the water and weeds to the spacey and echoed musical sounds. The greatest part about this video is that there were graphics overlaid over the footage, grid paper effect with mixed water colour effects. I thought that’s what made this video unique and it also works with the music.
![]() |
| video screenshot |
![]() |
| video screenshot |


0 comments:
Post a Comment